What are Tree Swallow Nest Box Records?
- Nest Box Records are running logs you keep for each box in your project.
Click link to see printable form and also see example below. They can, of
course, be used for nesting attempts of other bird species.
- They let you see at a glance the history of each nesting attempt in that
particular box from start to finish over the course of a season.
- It helps to keep Nest Box Records in a binder with numbered dividers for each
box. In fact it's a good idea to organize all your project records for a given year
in sections in one binder for easy reference.
Where does Nest Box Record information come from?
- This is data you transfer from monitoring Box Check Records onto individual
Nest Box Record sheets, plus any remarks, concerns, or speculations you
have regarding that particular nesting attempt.
- The Nest Box Record displayed here includes fields for adult age and color, and
for adult and nestling banding data. A simpler printable version is also available.
Learn About Birds at Tree Swallow Nest Box Projects
|Keeping Tree Swallow
Nest Box Records